Friday, December 24, 2010

The Ornament Tradition

I married into a fabulous Christmas tradition.  Every year on Christmas Eve, my husband's family gives each other ornaments.  Davy got a truck every year, so we have quite the truck collection.  I loved this idea and have carried it on in our family these past nine years. 

 Each year, I get a new santa ornament.  Below is my favorite!

 I love seeing what the santa will look like from year to year.

 For Davy, I pick an ornament that represents something from the year.  This is from the year he graduated from the U of U.

 This is from our 2nd Christmas.  Basketball is his second love!

 This was Khloe's ornament from last year.  When I saw it, it reminded me of her and her love for puppies.

 This was Porter's from last year when we went on the Polar Express.  He talked about it all season long and was a one-time memory.

The Village Christmas store at Gardner Village has an amazing selection of ornaments.  I hope this gives you an idea of a simple way to reflect on the year and create a memory.  Also, when your kids leave the nest, they will have their own ornaments to decorate their trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment