Thursday, March 31, 2011

How do I spell my name?

I love having my kids' names spelled out in their bedrooms, as I know it helps them to spell their name by seeing it everyday.  Khloe didn't have her name in her room yet, so when I saw these letters at Hobby Lobby for $3.99 each and 50% off, I purchased them.

 Her room is accented in silver, so I simply spray painted them with a metallic silver spray paint from Lowes.

 I mounted them on the wall above her toy chest.  It seemed too plain, so I added the ribbon dragonflies for extra flair.  I used my Bowdabra to make them.  If you have a girl and don't have one of these, buy one today from Walmart or Target.  It makes it so easy to craft bows.

I am pleased with how it turned out.  Now she'll be ready to go to preschool in the Fall.

4 comments:

  1. so cute lisa! i can't believe khloe is old enough for preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I have a hard seeing past the original item sometimes and looking for its potential. I may have passed up the letters b/c they were gold without considering an easy fix. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of silver paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. duh!! i saw the answer up top....

    ReplyDelete