Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday videos

I started a tradition with my kids to make a birthday video each year with pictures and video from the year before.  I set it to music themed around the year or songs that remind me of them.  I use this software and it makes it so easy!

It costs around $100 and is sold at most electronic stores (probably even Walmart!)  There are probably programs online that you can do this for free, but I love the editing tools and how easy it is to burn the movie onto DVD.  Sometimes you have so many cool things that just stay tucked away in the computer!  My boys love to watch their birthday videos and it's something I enjoy pulling out and remembering things we've done together.  Start this tradition in your family!  I also am willing to make them for $20. 

I thought I'd also list some of the songs I've used so far...picking songs can be the hard part...so here's a few ideas! (Notice I've mostly done boy videos :)

Baby...
Miracle by Celine Dion
Baby Mine by Allison Kraus
Golden Slumbers by Mindy Gledhill

Boy...
Watching You by Rodney Atkins
Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman
Anything Like Me by Brad Paisley
Make You Feel My Love by Adele
Three Little Birds by Elizabeth Mitchell

Girl...
My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
Dream by Priscilla Ahn
A Mother's Prayer by Celine Dion

Happy Birthday to my sweet Peyton next week :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the video you made Lucy! It is so sweet. You are SO talented, sister of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he will be 4... and i love your videos! they are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete