Monday, October 24, 2011

Who knew a tray could make the difference?

My coffee table in my family room has lacked the necessary decorative wow to make me happy upon seeing it.  I had a runner that I made from extra pillow fabric and a decorative plate from Rod Works.  However, I didn't love it.  So last week, armed with my 25% off coupon to TaiPan, I headed to Sandy ready to find something great for my table.  Here is the end result:


I used the 25% off on the tray, as I wanted something easily removed when we need the table.  I have to say that I am in love with the end result.  It makes me smile and feel like the room is now complete.  Here are some of my great finds from TaiPan:


I love this glazed ceramic bird house.  It was $7.


I like the height that these leather book boxes give.  The tall one was my most expensive item, besides the tray, at $9.  I found the small one and the globe ball at Rod Works.

 As some of you may know, pre-made topiaries are expensive.  So, I made my own.  I got both ceramic pots for $4 and $5.  The acorn ball was $4 and the green botanical spray was $5.  I cut down the base of it and inserted into the pot to make it look like a topiary.  So for under $10 a piece, I had my own unique topiaries!



Loved the wrought-iron pear from TaiPan.  I filled him with the balls from Rod Works and love the textural difference.


My ultimate steal of the day was the jute runner.  It was marked $10 and had some tassles on the end that I didn't care for but knew I could just cut off.  When I got to the register, it rang in for $3.  Best bargain of the day, and I love what it does for the table.  All in all, I am so happy with my eclectic finds.  Again, put your arrangement together at the store so that you can layer as you go filling in each space.

No comments:

Post a Comment