Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Pillow

Lindsay and I saw this pillow at Material Girls in South Jordan.  I loved it and had to make one for myself.  Using fabric from Broadbents, I set out to create my own.

I pinned black tulle that I sewed a seam and then pulled to gather and orange ball fringe to my spider fabric.  Pin towards the middle of the fabric, so that when you sew right sides together, the fringe will show.


I printed the numbers on my computer, backed the bat fabric with stiff iron-on interfacing, and then cut out the numbers.



I then sewed the numbers on to the spider fabric, sewed right sides together, stuffed the pillow with batting, and added the twisted fabric circles and ribbon.

I made my pillow for about $10 and love how it turned out.  Look for inspiration everywhere and then create your own version!  I love knowing that I made that!

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me! There is no way that I would try that even with your instructions! It turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete