Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cleaning Microfiber

Our light tan microfiber couches were a great decision six years ago...but now with two little boys I wonder what I was thinking.  People say microfiber cleans so easily but for some reason mine doesn't!  My friend Raelene recommended I throw the covers in the wash and said hers had cleaned great.  So I thought I'd give it a try...
The embarrasing before...


...and the much cleaner after!


I was really impressed with how much better it looks!  My cushions are formed pillows, but the headrests and smaller pillows are just stuffed with cotton filling.  We carefully removed everything, washed in a cold cycle, laid out to dry and stuffed everything back in place.  I'm so glad we did it and feel much better about the couches now.  The trick is to keep them clean!

If you have microfiber and can't get them clean give it a try.  It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment