Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sarah Richardson Inspiration- A bold color


So Sarah Richardson has to be my favorite designer hands-down.  Her style and decorating ability is amazing.  I love her shows on HGTV because I always come away with inspiration.  Today, I wanted to share how she uses a strong color to make a statement in a room.

I love the use of red on the doors and in the carpet on the floor.  It is such a bold statement but works perfectly.  This is a mudroom in her farmhouse, but you could easily recreate it in your home.  I've never thought to paint a door a strong color, but now I am on the lookout in my house for one to paint!


I love the mix of bedding and again the use of red in this room.  The paisley print with the polka dot is a perfect combination.  It shows that patterns can be mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment