Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Khloe's Big Girl Room-Part 2


So this pillow was the inspiration for Khloe's pillows.  I wasn't about to spend $30 on a small lumbar pillow, but I loved the felt flowers on it.


I bought $5/yd floral fabric, $8/yd pink quilted fabric, 4 for $1 felt sheets in natural and pink from Hobby Lobby.  I used $3 and $1 pillow inserts from Ikea.  To begin, cut out a flower shape in the felt.


 Fold in half and cut a slit in the center of two flowers.


 Place the slits crosswise to create your flower.  Repeat 3 times.

 Layer your flower and pull the petals in to create the desired look.  Then take a needle and thread and sew up and down through the middle connecting all of the flowers.


Place on your fabric and sew with needle and thread.




To create this look, I used my glass mixing bowls to trace all the different sizes of circles.  Then I simiply attached them together and sewed them on to the pillows.  For a pillow form tutorial, click here.


For this one, I cut out petal shapes and a small circle, layered the petals and sewed all onto the pillow.



I spent $26 and got four unique toss pillows.  So glad I didn't buy a tiny 10" x 20" for $30.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing...I would never even think about attempting something like this! They turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Pillow turned out so stinkin cute! Can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete