Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Khloe's Big Girl Room-Part 1

So it was time to transition Khloe into a big girl bed.  All of her furniture was this honey color.  At Forget Me Not, I found this darling aqua color dresser (see two pictures below).  It was my inspiration for the room.


So I headed to Lowes, got a color sample (Bay Mist), matched it with the dresser at Forget Me Not and had a perfect fit.


So home I went to sand her bookshelf and paint it the new color.  I loved it.  It took three coats using a foam brush.  Then I used Valspar's spray top coat.  (Notice the salmon colored stool in the background.  I bought it for $15 at Forget Me Not.  It was the perfect bedside table for Khloe's new bed.  Even the color wasn't right, I knew I could paint it.)


Here's the finished book shelf at the foot of her new bed.


Here's the salmon colored stool!  Amazing what paint can do.  I sanded the stool down to the natural wood.  Where I couldn't get all of the salmon color off, I sprayed with white spray paint.  The aqua then covered beautifully.  Khloe's bed is tall, so she needed a tall table.  I loved the delicate legs of the stool and the height was perfect.  $15 made it even better!


She already had the lamp, and the flowers came from my bathroom.  I bought the bird for $3 at Rod Works.  Love my Forget Me Not find!



This chair also came from Forget Me Not.  It was only $25.  I loved the bright hot pink color.  It combined with the aqua provided the perfect punch of color.  Check back tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make the felt flower pillows on the chair.  They were super easy and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment