Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Girls Can Grill Too!

Up until last year I didn't dare touch the barbeque...but once McKay taught me how to turn it on I realized I can do it too!  I still prefer my husband to grill but when he's gone I can hold my own.  There's nothing like barbequed burgers, pasta salad and corn on the cob (or in this case squash) on a summer evening!

The trick to great burgers is the right seasonings...

 We put all the hamburger into a bowl and shake with shown seasonings before shaping into patties.  They always turn out delicious!

Here's a yummy pasta salad recipe my friend Brooke shared with me...

 Tri Color Pasta Salad
1 12 ounce package Pasta Rotini, tri colored, cooked and drained
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 can black olives, sliced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
4 tablespoons basil pesto
2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing
2 teaspoons saute spice (equal parts black pepper, salt and garlic powder)
1/2 to 1 cup toasted pine nuts

Cook pasta and coat with Caesar/pesto mix while warm.  Add the rest of the ingredients (without pine nuts) and toss.  Chill.  When ready to serve top with toasted pine nuts.


Summer squash is a great vegetable to add to a barbeque and grilled over the stove with a little salt and pepper makes it delicious!



A delicious summer meal without too much headache (or heat in the kitchen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment