Monday, February 14, 2011

Repurposed Valentine Decor

My fun find for the day is cheap Valentine decorations.  Both TaiPan and Rod Works have all of their decorations on clearance right now.  Last year, I bought all my Valentine Decor CHEAP!!  How you may ask?  Well, to start. . .

 I bought the heart ornaments and heart pillow at IKEA after Christmas.  They were meant as Christmas ornaments but totally fit for Valentines Day.

 The pillow was $4.99.  I already had the candles.  I bought the stick bundle at Rod Works on clearance for $6.99.  It was part of their Christmas clearance but totally works for Valentines.
 The ornaments were $.75 for a pack of 4.  CRAZY price!  I wasn't even looking for Valentine decorations, but when I saw these at that price, I had to have them.

I used grapevine garland that had been sitting in my closet for years (purchased from Roberts for $6 but never knew what to do with it) to make a heart.  I wrapped it with red christmas ribbon, put it in my red bucket that I use on the porch during the summer months, attached a valentine ornament with duct tape, and voila, instant, cheap, repurposed decorations.  Look around your house.  Your decorations don't have to be expensive or brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment