Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Adding a Personal Touch to Your Child's Bedroom

 A couple of weeks ago, I helped my mother-in-law decorate a room for when her grandkids come to spend the night.  She has six grandkids, 3 boys and 3 girls.  In order to put a personal touch for each one of them, I came up with the idea to put their intial next to a picture of them on the wall.

I bought wooden letters at Roberts for $2.19 (They were 40% off).  Then I picked scrapbook paper that would coordinate with the bedding and decor of the room.  To adhere the paper, spray the wooden letter with spray adhesive and press firmly along the entire letter.

 Using a sharp utility knife, cut along the edges of the letter.  Make sure to cut on a cutting board.

 Put a light coating of Modge Podge on the top to seal it.

And here's the finished look.  I bought the frames at Ikea for $2.99.  You could easily spell out your child's full name on the wall with a variety of pics or use an 8x10 frame with a single initial.  It was a very inexpensive way to add a personal touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment