Pecan-Crusted Pork with Orange-Maple Glaze
I found this recipe on BHG.com and am excited to try it!
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 oranges (1 juiced; 1 cut in wedges)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2. Place 3 tablespoons of the syrup in a shallow dish; place pecans in a second shallow dish. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Coat pork in syrup, then press in pecans. Place pork in skillet in single layer; top with remaining pecans and syrup from dish. Cook 3 to 4 minutes each side, just until pork is pink in center. Remove from skillet. With a slotted spoon, remove any pecan pieces in skillet; spoon over pork.
3. Stir orange juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup, cumin, and cayenne into skillet. Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Pour over pork. Serve with orange wedges.