Friday, September 9, 2011

Peaches!

I have craved peaches this summer.  I'm so happy they are in season right now!  Here's a yummy recipe for easy peach cobbler.  Also, I haven't had the chance to try them yet but I hear lots of people raving about the fresh peach shakes at Taco Amigo.  If you live in the area go try one!  I can't wait!
Courtesy of World Community Cookbook.org
Peach  Cobbler
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 cups sliced and peeled peaches
2 tablespoons sugar (for top)

Melt butter in 9x13 dish.  Meanwhile mix sugar, flour and baking powder until combined.  Add milk and mix.  Pour mixture into melted butter.  Pour peaches into pan of butter and batter.  Sprinkle 2 tablespooons sugar on top. 

Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees (should be golden brown when done).

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment