Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A few treasures...

Sometimes the perfect decor isn't exactly what you were looking for or the most flashy items in the store...some items in your home can and should mean something to you.
It was hard to say goodbye to the home my Grandma lived in my whole life.  My parents have cleaned out much of it, but there were a number of things left for us to choose what we'd like...


I used to wake up every morning to my Grandparents sitting on their barstools reading the paper.  Now we can fill the space under our bar with them.


This plate hung in her house for as long as I remember.  I can now look at it everyday in the baby's nursery.


To some this might look like an interesting Christmas decoration.  But my Grandma made this with crushed glass and some of her jewelry a long time ago.  It will find a place in my home this Christmas.


As we were loading up the last of the furniture to leave, I was looking around their garage and spotted this lantern on my Grandpa's tool bench.  It's something I've been looking for to put in Peyton's room.  Thanks for the decorating touch Grandpa...

Don't let items go for your home that mean something...even if you don't have a place, make room for it.  This is what a home should be made of.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Grandma Lindsey!! How nice that you can have some special pieces in your home to remember her by. xo

    ReplyDelete