Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Quilting Memory

Here is Porter's new bedding for his pirate room.  Yes, I made the quilt.  It was the first one I did using patchwork piecing, and I loved it.  My mom has a new embroidery machine that we used for all the embroidered squares.  I used the same screenprinted "P" on his bed as on the sail.  I fell in love with the striped fabric from Quilting Cottage.  If you haven't been there, you must see their fabric selection.  It is incredible.  To make the quilt, I started by assembling the horizontal rows and then connecting each one. Lastly, I added the sides and back.  I busted out the pillow sham this afternoon. 

I wanted to make his bedding so that he would also have a keepsake to remind Porter of the year of the pirate.  This year, he has dressed like a pirate, acted like a pirate, had to have all kinds of pirate toys, watched "Pirates"; you name it, he's done it.  I am so proud that he'll have this quilt to remind him when he grows tired of the pirate themed room.  So proud of myself and totally checking off my Knowledge project for Personal Progress!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing quilt, and amazing room!! Looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Lisa. You never cease to amaze me. It is beautiful and perfect. You have such a great eye for interior design.

    ReplyDelete