Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Year Memory Book

We are celebrating my second child's birthday this week so I thought I'd share what I did for his baby book.  I am not much into scrapbooking anymore but thought it would be nice to keep a record of milestones and dates from my kids' first year.  So I bought a blank calendar from Roberts and created pages for each month of the year to document the important stuff...


I used the Roberts 12x12 binder...I think with the coupon you can get them for $9.


Each month has a page and the months with a big holiday or event has an extra page behind it with pictures.



I also hire a photographer to take pictures once a year...it's fun to keep the favorites in this book as well.


At the end of the book I put information about the year they were born.  The sections include:
             All about you (information about their birthday, doctor, hospital etc.)
             Info about the year they were born
             Info about the day they were born (in the news, famous people who share their birthday)
             The cost of familiar items that year (gas prices, home prices, a burger at McDonalds etc.)


While every year after their first is just a book of printed pictures, at least they have a memory of one year they won't ever remember otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment