Monday, January 17, 2011

My Favorite Flowers

Tulips are my favorite flowers.  In the doldrums of January and February, the sight of them on my counter reminds me that Spring is just around the corner.  The fact that Costco sells a dozen for $8.99 makes me giggle with delight and is my fun find for the day!  To make the arrangement above, pick out a small square or rectangle glass vase.  Ikea sells a small rectangle one for $3.99.

 Cut transparent scotch tape into skinny strips long enough to stretch from side to side.  Create a crisscross pattern of four by four rows.
 Cut the stems of the tulips, so the bud is just above the height of the vase.  Then place the tulips in the grid pattern, one in each square.
And voila: A little bit of Spring to brighten your day.  Tie a ribbon around the top to hide the tape!  You didn't know you could be a florist!

No comments:

Post a Comment