Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Setting the Perfect Thanksgiving Table

 I am so excited with how my Thanksgiving placesettings look.  TaiPan is where I found everything.  The placemats were my starting point and cost $3.97.  I loved the gold and the jute, so I looked for chargers and plates that would work.  The chargers were $2.97, the cream plate $5.97, and the gold/yellow bowl was $2.97.  I loved the detailing on both the plate and the bowl.  I added the sprig of acorns for $2.97 and the gourd came in a bundle of gourds for around $6.

 For the chairs, I bought these sprigs for $2.97.  They had some hideous leaves that I hated, so I simply took them out.  Don't be afraid to dismantle sprigs and other bunched items.  I have found I always like it better when I put my own personal touch on it.  The gold ribbon was $2.97 for an entire bolt of 15yds.  Tying wreaths, and sprigs onto your dining chairs makes a world of difference. 

 I bought these turkeys a few years ago and love them.  Although TaiPan is sold out of them, they have other turkeys that are still 50% off.  Also, Real Deals in Lehi by KFC and Broadbents on 100 East in Lehi still have a good selection of Thanksgiving decor on sale.  I simply added the corn this year.  If you don't have a lot of decor for a holiday, start with getting a few key pieces and then add each year.

Here's my finished table.  I love setting my table for the different holidays.  It puts a smile on my face to walk into my kitchen and feel like I'm looking at a magazine page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment