This Lemon Cream Velvet Pie is the perfect pie to make this Spring! It is so light and fluffy as well as refreshing with the lemon. Try it out for yourself.
- Pie crust recipe found here-Bake at 425 degrees for 11-12 minutes
- Or 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust, or 1 frozen crust
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Whipped Cream
- Thin lemon peel slivers
Directions1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out pastry portion on a floured surface, or plastic wrap to a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Transfer to a 9-inch pie tin or plate without stretching. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake 11-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack. (If using rolled refrigerated crust, bake according to package directions.)
2. In a small bowl soften gelatin in water 5 minutes. Heat in microwave for 14 seconds; set aside.
3. In large bowl combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. With an electric mixer, beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until well combined. Beat in gelatin, whipping cream and salt on low speed. Add lemon juice and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Pour into prepared crust (pie will be full).
4. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until center of pie looks set when gently shaken; cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. Top with whipped cream and lemon peel slivers just before serving. Makes 8 servings.