Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Homework Board

I saw this darling board in the Pottery Barn catalog and it really would be fairly simple to make...
Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids.com

Hobby Lobby sells all the supplies you'd need.  Their plain cork boards frequently go 50 percent off and if not you can usually find the 40 percent off coupon.  I think they normally run between $20 and $30 depending on the size.

In their scrapbooking aisles they sell silver label covers and paper clips that look just like the ones shown...they are with the embellishments.  They are usually about $4 a pack.  I'd use a stronger adhesive like gorilla glue for the ability to hang papers from the clips.

I love the "home work" design they created (notice the pencil as the tree branch?) 

I haven't had the time yet but have plans to make this and put it in our study corner we have in our basement...I'll share the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment