Friday, May 11, 2012

Upon a Shelf

I've been wanting to redo the wall space by my family room window for a while now.  I wanted to somehow incorporate some book shelves decorated with pretty things.  I've been collecting fun accessories for the past few months and was just saving money to buy the shelves.  Thanks to Kristin's "thank you for redoing my front room and kitchen" gift card to Ikea, I was able to go get them.  The shelves are super inexpensive at $15 for the 43" width and $7 for the 11".  Here is the finished product!


I love the big letter "M" from Hobby Lobby.  I layered it with a print from Ikea that I've had in my front closet for the past two years.  I found the bookends at TaiPan.  They were $30.  (Restoration Hardware had the same ones for $70.)  I picked books from my bookshelf that would compliment the color scheme in the room.  I added the ball and the green bunch for color and texture.  I bought an old book, ripped out a chunk of pages, rolled and tied them with jute for added interest.  I love this shelf.  It is just what I have wanted in that space.



On the other side, I added two of the shorter shelves.  I got the @ sign and artichoke from TaiPan.  Again, I placed books that worked with the colors.  I found the cute sign at Rod Works and the darling frame at Forget Me Not.  I ripped up book pages and layered them together to create the inside of the frame.  I LOVE MY WALL!  It makes me so happy when I walk through the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment