Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy Pinning


I love Pinterest and found a cute idea for a board here.  I wanted a place in my office where I could pin fabric swatches, magazine pages, design ideas, etc.  This was the perfect project.  I bought a package of cork tiles from Hobby Lobby.  They were $9.99, but I used my 40% off coupon.  Then I bought a piece of foam backed board to attach them to.  To begin, I taped off my design.  I would have liked it better if I would have taped the center of the middle square.  Then I painted the exposed cork.  Since I didn't love the center painted, I simply flipped the tiles around to make a chevron design.


Here's the finished product.  I hot glued picture hangers to the back to attach to the wall.  I love it and the inspiration it gives me when I swivel around in my desk chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment