Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Tray a Day

Last week, Kallee and I went to the accessorizing class at Osmond Design and got some great ideas and validation that we know what we are doing! (Linds had a conflict and couldn't join us).  When decorating the top of a something, keep in mind size, scale, and proportion.  For example, the tray/box for this table is in proportion to the size of the table.  In filling it, I used the green vase as my beginning item and filled around it.  I used the larger twig bundle on the left side to match the height of the vase.  I loved the wood and twig balls as they give great texture and are the perfect scale.  For a touch of the unexpected, I found the little metal book to add a different color and finish.  Lastly, to fill the hole around the vase, I found these curly twig bunches at Hobby Lobby.  I simply cut them to size and filled until I liked how it looked. I am so pleased with how it looks.  For the next few days, we will be sharing all different ways to decorate trays.  They are one of our favorite decorating touches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment