Sunday, October 28, 2012

Around a Rug

 
A few weeks back, I worked my magic in this basement family room and kitchen space.  Here are the before pictures.



 
Here are the after pics.  In the kitchen, I changed all the cabinet hardware, painted the whole room a light gray, added the pot rack, the tray, and new accessories.

 
I used white plates with accents of red in the glass faced cabinets.

 
I used placemats from Target to create the window curtains.  Then I added the three jars filled with the perfect snacks to compliment the color scheme.


I used ready made silk drapes to dress both the window and the French doors.  I found this great red Bombay chest at Down East and accessorized the top.
 

 
Changed out the lights with this great simple chandelier.  I loved the table and chairs.  It can be used for eating or a great place to play games.  I spray painted the chargers to get the perfect metallic finish.  The plates were all plastic ones from Target.  Indestructible for spaces with kids.  The chairs were great finds from Down East and the table was a steal from Down to Earth.
 
 

 
Loved the collection of pillows from World Market.  I only had five days from start to finish on this room, so ready-mades were a must.  I LOVE how it turned out.


To break up the wall of bookcases, I accessorized by adding clocks, globes, and bookends throughout the long run.  By simply adding a few decorative pieces, it transformed the bookcase.
 

 
I love how the wall came together.  In all of the frames, I added pictures of a Southern Utah.  It is a favorite place for my clients.


My favorite find for this grouping is the lamp.  I found it at Ikea for $40.  It is such a great piece.
 

 
The inspiration for this room was this Navajo rug my client got from his mission.  I turned it into a piece of art by adding the open frame.

 
This console table was another steal from World Market.  I love how it all came together!

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Fun to see a house I know on the blog! Love the bookcase accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is most informative and helpful blog. custom pillows

    ReplyDelete