Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mandy's Birthday

My sister wanted to update her front room and kitchen.  It just so happened that her birthday was coming up, so I suprised her with this!
 

She already had the big clock and apothecary jar, so I just added the two framed fabric swatches, the D, the greenery, book, and basket.
 


 
 I found this fabric at Joann's.  It was the perfect fabric for that front room to compliment the yellow walls.

She has always wanted a space for a club chair and a place to display all of her running medals.  I found the chair on overstock.com for $196.  The pillow was a steal at $9.99 from Down to Earth.  The little green table has been a favorite of mine from Forget Me Not.  For the medals, I hung a curtain rod and then looped her medals around the rod.  It looks so great in there now and is a sanctuary for my sister!
 

The kitchen was ready for an update.  So I used my favorite color palette of late: aqua, green, tan, and dark brown.  I got everything for above the cabinets for $70.  TaiPan was having a blow out sale!
 

 
I love her kitchen curtain.  It is a Waverly fabric I found at Joann's.  It is Lattice Jungle in Aqua.

 
It is amazing how much brighter the kitchen looks.  Now onto the adjoining family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment