Friday, September 21, 2012

Baby Boy Nursery

My dear friend Kristin is having her first boy after two girls.  I was so excited to do her nursery and make it feel vintage boy.  We talked about what she wanted, shopped a little together, then I found some great accessories from my favorite places. Here it is!
 
 
Love this collage wall.  The three prints in the white frames I printed for free and framed in the $4.99 Virserum frame from Ikea.  The red and black frames were $5 each from Forget Me Not.  Love that store.  I found the little ship wheel for $3 from Hobby Lobby.  It fits perfectly layered in the red frame.  I love layering with open frames.  The black frame had this ugly flower in the center.  I simply popped it out and replaced it with another free printable.  The red mirror was absolutely perfect from Hobby Lobby for $15.  The "J" is perfect for Baby Boy Johnson as his parents aren't sure what his first name will be.  In the center of the wall, I framed my favorite quote from Winnie the Pooh.  I layered scrapbook paper on a canvas with spray adhesive.  Then I layered the quote and modge podged the top.  I added the open barnwood frame for the perfect touch of roughness.  The vintage sign was also from Hobby Lobby and is the perfect statement for all things boy.  To finish it off, I added the mustard frame with a simple polka dot scrapbook paper insert and the chalkboard tags.  Love, love, love this wall!!! (And yes, I know I used "perfect" quite a bit in this explanation.  But it really turned out just as I had hoped it would.)
 
 
On the shelf, we did two jars filled with these vintage wooden rods and marbles.  The white barnwood frame and red fire truck complete the grouping.  (The fire truck was only $12 from Hobby Lobby).



 


I did a simple grey and white chevron curtain for the pair of windows.  Chevron is so "hot" right now and adds the perfect pattern for the room.  I love the grey mixed with the blue.
 

 
I so wanted to bring a fun pattern into the room.  I made this chevron fabric backed frame and added the small pennant banners on top.  I love it as it adds color, dimension, pattern, and whimsy.  It is the perfect piece of art.

 
I love the other grouping of the free printable in the navy frame with the green frame and yellow vintage airplane. I got all three frames from Forget Me Not for $14. They were a steal and work perfectly with the bedding. The plane was another steal at Hobby Lobby for $13.

 
Kristin got this giraffe when she found out she was having a boy.  It plays the baby's heartbeat.  I paired it with two of her existing frames.  We'll put Baby J's picture in the tall one and his baby announcement in the other one.  We found this jack at Hobby Lobby and had to have it.  I love the color, size, shape, etc.


I loved Kristin's reaction when she walked into the room.  She loved it,and said it was more than she even imagined.  That is always what I hope happens.  Now she's ready for baby. 

1 comment:

  1. So so cute! Just "perfect" for baby boy!! I always love seeing what fun decorating projects you are up to :)

    ReplyDelete