Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mya's Room


I wanted to share a room makeover that I did a couple weeks back.  It is for this darling three year-old named Mya.  Her grandma had made her bedding, so I just added the curtain and the accessories.  I love the wall with her name and fabric rings.  I found all the fabric at Hobby Lobby for under $5.  You only need 1/2 yard for most and the rings are $1.69 and under.
 

For her curtains, I bought a hot pink polka dot sheet set from Target for $19.99.  I simply cut it in half and sewed the side seams and top rod pocket.  I added her existing black out curtain panels to the back for extra light control.
 

I love this wall above her dresser.  The mirror, floating frames, circle mirror, and chevron frame came from Hobby Lobby.  The four feminine frames are from Ikea.  At $4.99 each, they are my favorite!
 


 
I wrapped cork board letters in bright colored yarn for her name.  I love the texture it gives and the color it adds to the wall.
 
 
My favorite finishing touch was this little framed quote I created.  It says "happy girls are the prettiest."  Frames don't always need a picture in them.  Frame your favorite quote or even a cute piece of scrapbook paper.  Hobby Lobby's frames are always 50% off.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment