Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Porch: An Extension of Your Home

 I have a pretty specific decorating philosophy when it comes to the porch of your home.  The porch is the first impression people have of what your home will be like on the inside.  Thus, it is the perfect spot to say "Welcome".  Each holiday, I change up the porch decor as well as the wreath on the front door.

 Let's start with the black bench.  I bought this at Home Again for $20 and can use it year round.  The basket, metal tray, and rust tin with grapevine sprigs I got at Roberts on clearance.  The rust tin and sprigs were normally $70.  I got them for $15 by waiting for the 75% off end of season clearance sale.  If you want to get the most for your dollar, go to Roberts and see what you like, but wait to buy it when it's on clearance.  They always have loads left.  I bought all of the picks in the basket and the cornucopia from Roberts on sale for 35% off.

 I picked up this darling sign at TaiPan for $7.99.

 I use this grapevine wreath year-round. (Always at Roberts for $6.99 then use 40% off coupon).  I got the wreath stand at Rod Works for around $8.  To make it tie in with fall, I simply added three picks from Roberts

 Now for the deal of the week, I found this grapevine pumpkin at Target in the dollar bins for $2.50.  What a steal.  Roberts is selling them starting at $6.99.  I simply paired it with straw balls from Rod Works that I already had.  Grouping things in odd numbers always looks best.


I hope this information helps you dream a little bigger for the welcoming power of your front porch.  Can't wait to show you what I have in store for October and Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment