Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Creating Drama in the Bedroom


So this curtain and rod have been good to me the past nine years in our master bedroom.  I was ready to inject some drama into my room using this wall.


I replaced the rod with a wooden one from Lowes and hung it higher to add height to the window. I purchased the curtains from Ikea, (they are the same ones from Alisa's room), and love the richness they add to the room.


Last year, we bought this painting from a street artist in Paris.  For Valentine's Day, I framed and matted it for Davy.  The custom mat was $6 from Hobby Lobby and the frame was $26.  Using it as my inspiration, I added four other pictures from our time in France at the Eiffel Tower. 


It was such a special trip and one that reminds me of just how much I love my sweet husband.  So, the bedroom is the perfect place to highlight that trip.  These frames are from Pottery Barn.


This was my favorite moment.  We were sailing down the Seine River and got right in front of the Eiffel Tower as it light up.  Perfect time for a kiss.  Look for pictures of you and your sweetheart to place in the bedroom.  It should be your sanctuary!


I love this little grouping that I found for on top of the tv boxes.  (It also hides the cords from my wall mounted tv.)  The book has a picture of the Eiffel Tower and was $6 from TaiPan.  The jar was $3 and the bell $5.  Perfect little grouping of three to tie into my theme.  Now, my master bedroom is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment